Rip Tide tour Vietnam offers one of the best ways to see the country and understand the local people. Many travelers talk of it as being the adventure of a lifetime and I agree… After all, I live the adventure. I am known as Owee, Owee58, or to the Vietnamese, Anh Phuc Nha Trang.
There are hundreds of local Easy Riders and hundreds of offices offering motorcycle tours and services in Vietnam, It can be a daunting process trying to find company or rider that you feel comfortable with. Most of them travel the same routes and visit the same places. We include many of the same places, but go above and beyond visiting unique areas where others do not go. I am a Canadian with permanent residency in Vietnam. Some might think that as a foreigner, our tours could not be equal to that of native Vietnamese…. They are mistaken. It is because I am a foreigner that understands the language, culture, and geography of Vietnam, or maybe more importantly, I understand how a foreigner and what they want that makes our tours exceptional. Perhaps that is why so many easy riders wish to join my team.
All of our team leaders have a better understanding of how a foreigner thinks in order to give you the best holiday possible. We do not just randomly assign easy riders to you. We assess your group and desire destinations and assign riders whose personality and experience fits with where you want to go and how you like to spend your time. If not otherwise booked, I may be leading your group. Each individual will have a personal guide and driver with competent English language skills.
As of July 2016, visitors are permitted to drive providing they have an international drivers license with a motorcycle endorsement. We will also consider drive yourself trips, however, how can you enjoy the countryside when watching for pot holes and crazy drivers, not to mention livestock, stinging insects, and incredibly aggressive commercial vehicles? Better to leave that concern to us. In addition to our off the beaten track adventures, we are able to offer custom made tours of the Mekong, SAPA, and Halong Bay through our trusted partners.
Why travel with us?
- Your tour is 100% customizable. Whether you are a returning vet looking for a specific site, or wanting something different from the norm……YOU tell us what you want and we will do our best to comply.
- 4 seat and 7 seat car available. All riders use full size motorcycles modified to be comfortable for a passenger.
- All of our tours are built as packages and quoted a total price eliminating the common practice taking you to accommodations, local shops, or restaurants that pay back commissions or kick backs to the tour guides.
- Our tours are immersive and geared towards interaction with the locals, not just drive, stop, and take photos.
- All of our riders have larger, comfortable motorcycles and are able to handle large travel packs.
- We offer the security of you being able to research and trust who you are booking with. All our leaders are accountable, reliable and will give you a full day’s value. At the end of the day we will stay with you dining or socializing or offer you to join us for local evening entertainment with local friends until you are finished with us.
- Unlike many who claim to go on untraveled roads…. our tours actually do and often you will be one of the very few who have been some very interesting locations.
- We only use good and clean accommodation and do not use local housing or country homestays that are better financially for the riders than the customer. A good night’s sleep results in the next day so being much more enjoyable.
- Tours are custom built for every group and we assign riders most knowledgeable for your destination. Whether is it photo shoots, research into ethnic minorities, war history, or the ecology.
- I personally follow up all tours to assure quality. Our exemplary reputation is very important to us and we wish to keep it that way.
- Our package prices are very competitive and often work out less because what you see is what you get! There are no hidden expenses, no surprises and no schemes to get at your dollar. We provide everything. All you need pay for is daily dinner, and your drinks, (even that can be included if you wish) and have a worry and stress free holiday.
- You can find more information and photos on our Facebook page
Following is a list of .pdf itineraries from other past adventurers. These tours can also be done in reverse.
Please keep in mind that it is your holiday and we can customize your adventure to your wishes. We can travel anywhere and make it the adventure of as lifetime…. We stake our reputation on it!
“The absolute highlight, was our trip through the central highlands with Owen, Hau and Tien.
It was truly the adventure of a lifetime and for those who like to get off the beaten track, I urge you to do it.
We hope to get the opportunity to explore more parts of Vietnam with Owen as our guide one day”
Dalts77 Launceston, Tasmania